With spring just around the corner, home remodeling projects are about to take off. There are things you can do to beautify your house, while increasing the value of your home and saving on your utility bills. Here are some remodeling ideas for you to take up this season:
- Siding improvements. The first thing people notice about your home is its exterior. Upgrading the siding in your home can imprint a lasting first impression and increase the value of your home. It is important to pick siding that is eco-friendly as well. Some options include:
- Fiber Cement. This material is made of wood pulp, cement, clay, and sand. It is also extremely durable and has a long replacement cycle. The siding resists expanding and contracting with humidity and temperature changes. However, it requires special techniques and tools that could add to the cost.
- Stucco. This is an extremely durable material that pairs well with other siding material. Today’s stucco mixtures include epoxy, which prevents chipping and cracking. Stucco is low-maintenance. However, it is important to find a reliable, experienced stucco contractor.
- Engineered wood siding. This material is extremely tough and can stand up to extreme weather conditions. It’s a cheaper alternative to fiber cement or real wood and comes with a 50 year warranty.
- Adding a deck. A deck provides a great outlet for cookouts, relaxing, and socializing during the warm weather. According to Houselogic.com, a deck can also provide up to an 80.5% return on your investment, if you decide to sell your house.
- A new paint job. This is one of the most inexpensive ways to beautify your home while increasing its value. When choosing a color for your exterior, keep it simple. Sometimes a fresh and exciting choice can be a color that is modest.
- Remodeling your kitchen. This is the place where your family spends the most time and it can be one of the more attractive points when it comes to entertaining guests or selling your home. You could update your kitchen with modern appliances that are energy-efficient or simply add new cabinets and countertops.
And if you are looking for some professional help during your spring remodeling, call in the team at Bauer Construction. Our experts are equipped to handle everything from basic handyman tasks, to major remodeling projects, including:
- Disaster Restoration
- Kitchen, Bathroom and Basement Remodeling
- Siding Installation
- And dozens of other services
If your spring remodeling project is too much to shoulder by yourself, the team at Bauer Construction is here to help. Call us today at 847-553-5331 or request a consultation online.